I definitely wasn’t expecting to get tagged for an award so early on in my blogging career.
I say career. It really isn’t XD
Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post. ✔
2. Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. ✔
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself. ✔
4. Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers. ✔
5. Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award. ✔
6. Ask your nominees eleven questions. ✔
1. What Was the First Story You Wrote About?
I was five when I wrote my first story, so it was a little rough.
Actually, before I tell you what the story was about, some context.
My cousin, who has always been one of my very best friends, was over at my house (which
didn’t doesn’t happen often) and we were watching Blue’s Clues, because that was my brother’s thing, and we were pretty bored. In the episode, Blue and Magenta were writing secret letters to each other, and I really liked that for some reason. After the episode finished, I dragged my cousin to my room, grabbed a stack of paper, and started writing a secret letter. She did the same. It was a story about her and Blue. She worked at a dog “fram” (farm) and Blue was one of the dogs there. She really liked Blue, and hid her whenever people came to get a dog. And then, at the end of the book, “she got Blue, her favorite dog”.
Unfortunately, she had to leave before I finished, but I finished it anyway and kept it. I still have it to this day, although it’s in pretty sad shape. After that, I don’t really remember how the rest of the stories I wrote came about, but I remember that one vividly.
*shrugs* My memory is strange.
2. What Is the Weirdest Thing You’ve Had To Research For a Book?
I’m not sure. I’ve researched a lot of things. Let me go browse my search history.
So, my search history won’t let me scroll any further than a week ago, so I’ll just go off the top of my head.
I had to research pregnancy symptoms and stomach size and other random pregnancy stuff for a segment in my NaNo novel, which was about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The Google staff must have thought I was pregnant 😅 (I’m not XP)
3. Do You Enjoy Math?
4. Do You Like Grammar?
I am a grammar Nazi that doesn’t pay that much attention to grammar, if that makes any sense at all.
So yeah, I like grammar, but it depends on what kind of mood I’m in. More often than not, my friends have corrected my grammar, to which I respond, “I’m Southern. Grammar don’t matter down here.”
I mean, it kind of does. But who talks properly anymore?
5. If You Had To Stop Writing, What Would You Do Instead?
Well, actually, I figured that out about a year and a half ago. I’m going to do musical theatre!!
*glances at your stunned faces*
What, you couldn’t already figure that out?
I do love writing, but it’s not my passion. I’ve been acting almost as long as I’ve been writing. (I started acting nine months after I wrote my first story) I love acting, singing, playing instruments etc. so I decided that this is what I want to do. With God’s allowance, of course!
But, writing is definitely something I want to do as well. After all, I have several great ideas that just need to be fleshed out a little! The publishing world will eat them up!
Heaven help us all
6. What Is the Most Random Thing You Have Witnessed In This Crazy World of Ours?
Now why on earth would you go and ask this question?!! I have a hard time remembering this kind of thing. I know there’s some kind of bizarre thing that has happened, but now I can’t think of anything.
I got chased by a flock of chickens once.
Oh! Wait! Our cats like to sit in the cat bowls. Just chill in their bowls. They’re so weird.
Yeah, those aren’t that great.
My memory doesn’t want to listen to me right now.
7. Would You Rather Write With a Cup of Tea And Cozy Blankets or Outside With a Light Breeze And Sunshine?
I’m an inside kind of person, so…..cozy blanket, although I don’t do tea. Maybe……Kool-Aid? Sure, Kool-Aid sounds good. Then, the Kool-Aid man would bust through my wall and we’d do a little dance, then I’d have to spend thousands of dollars getting my wall fixed.
It’s worth it for the little dance, though, right?
8. Give Us One Random Blog Post or Story Idea You’ve Had For a While, But It Probably Won’t Turn Into Anything.
Ooh! I like this question!
For awhile, I’ve been wanting to write a short story series about wolves, and I started it several months ago, but from the beginning, it seemed a lot like the Warriors series, so I gave up pretty quickly. I might revisit it, I don’t know.
9. What Is a Random Quirk Your Sibling/Family Has?
I have three sisters and four brothers and they all have random quirks.
*chooses random sibling*
My sister is horse OBSESSED. She pretends almost everything is a horse. The arm of the couch, her bed, her camping chair, nothingness…..literally EVERYTHING. Thank goodness she’s taking riding lessons. Otherwise, the CEILING FAN would be a horse, I’m sure.
Also, when we’re sleep-deprived, we laugh about almost everything.
Sometimes we get in trouble for laughing XD
10. If You Could Learn Any Musical Instrument Right Now, What Instrument Would You Choose?
Just….right now? No endless practicing, no injured fingers, no bursted lungs, none of that? I just know it without the painful stuff that comes with learning it?
Well, I play piano, ukulele, and flute, but not very well. I would like to be able to play ukulele a lot better, since I can only play, like, eight chords. And for flute, I need a lot more lung power. I’m pretty good at piano, but I’m not exceptional.
If I have to choose a completely new instrument, I’d like to know how to play cello. It’s so pretty! The sax is cool, though. Clarinet is pretty special to me, even though I can’t play it one bit.
Wait, how could I forget guitar? That’s something I’ve wanted to learn for awhile, but it hurtssssss and it’s so hardddddd.
11. What Is One Hobby You Want to Try?
Well, I like bullet journaling but I just can’t get into the habit of doing it every day. But, I’ve already done it before, so I guess that doesn’t count.
Cross-stitch looks like fun, and I’ve done a tiny bit. I really want to do it more, but my mom doesn’t have to time to teach me. Still, the feeling of pulling a needle through the fabric is pretty cool.
1. What Is Your Favorite Summertime Drink?
A nice cold cup of water. No ice, though. Ice makes it too cold.
2. Have You Ever Met Someone Whose First Language Was Not English (Or Was Your First Language Not English)? What Was That Like?
Okay, I really like this question.
My sister’s friend, Rebecca, is half-Mexican. Her dad is the pastor for Spanish church, and I’m pretty sure his first language is Spanish. He’s preached at our church a couple of times, and if he gets too excited, he starts preaching in Spanish! Most of the people in his family don’t speak any English, so he has to translate for them, which is pretty cool! Spanish is such a pretty language!
3. Do You Fluently Speak Any Language Other Than Your First? Which One? How’d You Learn It?
I do indeed. It is the language of sarcasm, that I picked up from various places. *nods*
LOL, I’m just kidding, although I’m great at being sarcastic. I can more or less speak (or…not?) American Sign Language. I’m learning it for school, and it’s so much fun! Sign language has always been one of my favorite languages.
This talk of speaking ASL is confusing me. Let’s move on.
4. Have You Ever Made Up a Language, Or Do You Want To?
Let me tell you, the ability to speak in a language that literally no one else knows would be amazing. I actually started making a language for one of my books, and it kind of died. *is now inspired to pick it back up*
5. Is It Snowy Where You Live?
6. What Song Did You Last Listen To? Did You Like It?
Well, Supernatural by DC Talk just went off. And now I’m listening to an ad. Fun stuff.
I’d say I liked it. It has a thumbs-up, so….most likely? XD
7. Would You Rather Be Lizzy Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) Or Peter Parker (Spider-Man)? (Ignore Whether You’re the Same Gender For This Question And Just Think About the Situation/Personality.)
Is this question a sign that I need to finish my school assignment of reading Pride and Prejudice? 😉 Just kidding!
Spider-Man definitely. I’ve always loved him, and having his abilities would be SICK, YO!!
8. Have You Ever Been to Michigan? If So, What Did You Think of It?
*sobs* I have not been to Michigan, but several of my friends live there, so I’m going up there one day! For sure!
9. Favorite Non-Official Holiday? (For Example, Mine Is Maple Sugar Fest.)
National Donut Day, which is sometime in November, I think. I didn’t hear about it until last year, and I love donuts, so this should have been in my life sooner.
10. Does Your Church Follow the Liturgical Calendar?
The….the what? Hold on.
Ah, the calendar for all the feasts and stuff.
No. No we do not.
11. Do You Like Being Asked About Your Future Plans? Why or Why Not?
Are people supposed to be asking me about my future plans? I don’t think anyone’s asked me about my plans for awhile, besides my mom, who just wanted to know if I was still interested in musical theatre.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself
- I own a newspaper
- I’ve been writing songs since 2018 and have almost 70 finished and unfinished
- I’m pretty quiet if you meet me IRL, but if you catch me online, I’ll talk your ear off
- I have around five different art styles
- When I was around six or seven, I plagiarized a book a really liked called Ballet Swan, and turned it into a pretty cool series that has eleven books so far
- I can French-braid my own hair
- On the topic of braids, I taught myself how to braid, French-braid, and fishtail braid on dolls
- I have way more art supplies than I should
- Mechanical pencils rock
- I participated in the adult choir at my old church when I was twelve
- I have memorized almost every single Greek myth I’ve heard
Randomness. That is me.
Maya @ Maya Joelle (Right back atcha, girl!)
Sorry if you guys have already been tagged!
And now the questions:
- What Food Do You Want to Like, But Just Can’t?
- If You Could Go Anywhere In the World, Where Would You Go?
- Excluding Any Instruments That You Might Play, What Is Your Favorite Instrument?
- What Is the Funniest Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?
- What Is Your Favorite Day of the Week?
- What Is Something Random That You Like to Do?
- Early Bird or Night Owl?
- On a Scale of One To Ten, How Excited Were You For This Nomination?
- You Have the Opportunity to Go on an All-Expenses-Paid Trip to See Your Favorite Singer Perform, But It Happens At the Same Time As Something Else You’ve Always Wanted to Do. What is The Other Thing, And Which Would You Choose?
- When Did You Decide You Wanted to Start a Blog?
- And the Question For the Win, How Many Other Blogs Are You Following?
Thanks for reading!